Are you planning to book a day trip to Ronda from Fuengirola? In that case, you’re at the right place!
I have visited Ronda myself, and as a Fuengirola resident, I am able to share lots of local insights and tips that will make this day trip more convenient and enjoyable and most importantly save you a lot of hassle and research time.
If you prefer to book your day trip right away, instead of reading all the details, I have added a link to my recommended tour operator below for a great value-for-money day trip option to Ronda:
Your Options For a Day Trip To Ronda From Fuengirola
So what are your options for planning this day trip?
There are three ways you can get to see Ronda on a day trip from Fuengirola – the easiest and most cost-effective is often the tour operator-organized trip, followed by a trip with a rented car and finally, you can also explore using public transport. In the section below you will find details for each of these options along with my recommendations.
Option 1: Day Trip To Ronda From Fuengirola with Local Travel Company
Booking your day trip with a local tour operator is in this case the most affordable and hassle-free way to see Ronda.
In the day trip I linked below, you actually get to see not just Ronda, but also the next-door village of Setenil de las Bodegas, a typical whitewashed Andalusian village made famous for the homes carved into massive rock formations (see images below).
The trip has two pick-up options from Fuengirola (Los Boliches and Fuengirola Bus station), with free time to explore both Ronda and Setenil, and also a guided tour of Ronda.
Option 2: Day Trip To Ronda From Fuengirola with Rental Car
If you have already rented a car for your stay in Fuengirola, you might as well explore the option of driving to Ronda on your own.
The distance between Fuengirola and Ronda is just under 100 km, which would take you about 1.5 hours to drive. Once in Ronda, you will have to navigate the often small narrow roads to find a convenient parking location before exploring Ronda on your own.
Alternatively, you can book an independent tour guide for the day in advance online here.
Option 3: Day Trip To Ronda From Fuengirola with Public Transport
If you would like to explore the option of public transport, that’s certainly an option, but you have to keep in mind that the average one-way bus journey is close to 2 hours.
Currently, Avanza runs a connection between these destinations with up to 5 connections per day. The first bus to Ronda leaves just before 9am and unfortunately, there are only two return buses to Fuengirola, the last one at 4.30pm, which makes this a very short day trip option.
Book Online: Day Trip To Ronda From Fuengirola
If you have decided to book your day trip to Ronda from Fuengirola with a local travel company, you can click the link below to choose your dates and pick-up point.
Here are just some of the advantages of using this option:
- FREE Cancellation up to 24 hours before departure for a full refund
- SEE two places in one day trip (Ronda and Setenil)
- 2 Departures per week – book ahead to avoid missing out on your spot
- PAY LATER – reserve your spot now and pay later
- Duration 8 – 10 hours which is perfect for a day trip
- English-speaking tour guide
- Travel with an air-conditioned modern bus
- Check reviews for this trip from other travellers before booking
- A number of pick-up points are available
- Option to book an extra walking guided tour of Ronda
How to Book Your Day Trip to Ronda from Fuengirola Online
- Head over to the day trip info page here, and select your dates from the calendar.
- Add the number of tickets you want for this day trip
- Once you have the date selected, you will be shown a number of options with different departure locations, make sure you select the one which says Fuengirola
- There are two pick-up options for Fuengirola – one for Los Boliches and the other one for Fuengirola Bus station, choose the one that’s closest to you
- In the selected option you will also see the start time for the trip and also exact pick-up location
- Click book now which will navigate you to a payment page
- Once you complete the transaction, you will get a confirmation email which lists all the details you need to know for your trip
Good To Know Before Booking Your Day Trip
- Comfortable shoes are a must when visiting Ronda
- The road to Ronda may lead through serpentine roads in the mountains, so if you struggle with travel sickness, I would recommend taking some travel medicine with you.
- Take water with you, especially if you’re traveling in the summer.
- Ronda is located 740 meters (2500 feet) above sea level, so it is much cooler than the coast, especially in fall and winter. In the summer, on the other hand, it will be very hot!
- I would not recommend this trip for very young kids, as they might struggle with the bus journey