Are you planning to book a day trip from Torremolinos to Ronda?
In that case, you’re at the right place!
I live close to Torremolinos myself and have also visited Ronda, so in this article, I will share lots of practical local insights and tips that will save you a lot of hassle and research time.
If you prefer to book right away, I have included a link to a recommended local tour company that runs this very affordable trip option below.
Your Options For a Day Trip From Torremolinos To Ronda
There are four options you can explore for this day trip – in the paragraphs below I will offer detailed insights for each of them.
Option 1: Day Trip From Torremolinos To Ronda with Local Travel Company
This is a very affordable way to see Ronda on a day trip, without having to drive a car and navigate through the local traffic.
The company offers two convenient pick-up locations in the centre of Torremolinos, and you can upgrade the trip by adding a walking tour guide through Ronda.
As a bonus point, you get to see two beautiful places in just one trip – Ronda, and then Setenil de las Bodegas, which is a unique Andalusian white town where homes have been carved into a massive rock formation. It’s certainly a place you won’t forget – you can check my photos from there below and more here.
Best of all – there is no obligation or risk involved, you can book now and pay later, and you have the option to cancel up to 24 hours before the trip. Check the available dates from the calendar in the link below.
Option 2: Day Trip From Torremolinos To Ronda with Rental Car
If you already have a car that you rented for your trip to Torremolinos, driving to Ronda might be the most convenient option for you.
I have outlined the journey details on the map below. The distance between the two destinations is just over 100 km, and it should take you about 1.5 hours to drive. Please note that parts of the road may lead through serpentine mountain roads, so if you struggle with travel sickness it would be a good idea to take some medicine with you or take regular breaks where possible.
Some of the roads on your way to Ronda may be toll roads, the google map planner would normally indicate that. Have some spare cash in the car in case you happen to arrive at a toll booth.
There are two ways you can reach Ronda – route 1 is driving down south towards Marbella and then north towards Ronda – this road is very curvy and goes right through the mountains. While the views are pretty, you might struggle with travel sickness. The other option is driving towards Malaga and north from there – I’m not familiar with this route but from the map it looks like a better option than the first one.
Once you’re in Ronda, you can explore on your own, or alternatively, you can book an independent tour guide for the day in advance online here.
Option 3: Day Trip From Torremolinos To Ronda with Public Transport
Torremolinos is well connected to Malaga with buses and regular trains (cercanias – every 20 minutes), unfortunately, the direct connections to Ronda are pretty non-existent. To get to Ronda using a public bus, your best chance is to get to Malaga and take a connection from there.
If you want to get from Malaga to Ronda, there are direct buses from the main station in Malaga, with tickets starting at 13 euros per person and 3 connections per day. The journey takes between 2hrs 40 mins up to 3 hours, depending on the connection.
The other option is the train, which has even more limited connections. There is only one train connection leaving Malaga Maria Zambrano at 9.10 am with tickets starting at 11.90 euros one way. The journey takes nearly 2 hours.
As you can see from the options, it’s pretty much impossible to do this as a day trip using public transport.
Option 4: Day Trip From Torremolinos To Ronda by Taxi
If you prefer convenient transport options and don’t mind the price tag, you can also book a taxi to take you to Ronda and back.
One way journey according to online quotes would cost between 110 eur and 150 eur, depending on a number of people travelling, the type of car and the time of your trip.
Book Online: Day Trip From Torremolinos To Ronda
If you decided to book this day trip using the local travel company, I believe it’s the best value for money and an option with the least hassle. Below are some of the benefits of this particular day trip.
Here are just some of the advantages of using this option:
- FREE Cancellation up to 24 hours before departure for a full refund
- Two pick up options for Torremolinos
- SEE two places in one day trip (Ronda and Setenil)
- 2 Departures per week – book ahead to avoid missing out on your spot
- PAY LATER – reserve your spot now and pay later
- Duration 8 – 10 hours which is perfect for a day trip
- English-speaking tour guide
- Travel with an air-conditioned modern bus
- Check reviews for this trip from other travellers before booking
- Option to book an extra walking guided tour of Ronda
How to Book Your Day Trip From Torremolinos To Ronda Online
- Head over to the day trip info page here, and select your dates from the calendar.
- Add the number of tickets you want for this day trip
- Once you have the date selected, you will be shown a number of options with different departure locations, make sure you select the one which says Torremolinos
- There are two options for a trip from Torremolinos, select the one that’s closest to you
- In the selected option you will also see the start time for the trip and also exact pick-up location
- Click book now which will navigate you to a payment page
- Once you complete the transaction, you will get a confirmation email which lists all the details you need to know for your trip
Good To Know Before Booking Your Day Trip
- Comfortable shoes are a must when visiting Ronda
- The road to Ronda may lead through serpentine roads in the mountains, so if you struggle with travel sickness I would recommend taking some travel medicine with you
- Take water with you, especially if you’re travelling in the summer
- Ronda is located 740 meters (2500 feet) above sea level, so it is much cooler than the coast, especially in fall and winter. In the summer, on the other hand, it will be very hot!
- I would not recommend this trip for very young kids, as they might struggle with the bus journey