A trip to Finland wouldn’t be complete without one of the delicious cakes. This one happens to be my favourite, along with cinnamon buns.
Recipe comes from my mum in law Heli, so you can’t get more authentic Finnish than this.
It’s really simple and the most delicious blueberry pie you’ll ever taste. The secret is to use the very small blueberries which are packed with flavour. You might not find them fresh, but they will have these in the frozen section in your supermarket.
Give it a go over the weekend and let me know how you liked it!
Finnish blueberry pie
what you need:
- 100 gr butter
- 150 gr sugar
- 1 egg
- 150 gr oat flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 gr flour
- 400 gr blueberries (the small ones)
- 200 gr quark
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
how its made:
- mix together ingredients from step 1 until you get a fluffy consistency
- mix together ingredients from step 2
- combine these two together in one bowl
- spread the dough mixture on a buttered round cake pan
- mix together ingredients for the filling (step 3 ingredients) and add to the pan
- bake at 200C for around 45 mins or until the filling becomes firm