Are you looking for Fuengirola boat trips?
In this article, I will share some of the options available and also a few tips on what to watch out for when you’re booking your trip.
Let’s dive in! (pun intended)
No Time To Read The Article?
What to Know Before Booking a Boat Trip in Fuengirola
Dolphin Watching Trips – You will need to manage your expectations if you book a dolphin-watching trip as there are no guarantees that you will see anything. The success of dolphin watching really depends on the time of the year, season and also at what time you venture out to the sea.
Boat Licensing – this one is rather obvious, but I thought I would mention it for completeness – most of the boat rentals offered by the local companies do not require a license, but the bigger capacity boats do, so do check that before you book anything.
Alternative Destinations – Fuengirola has a fairly limited availability of different types of boats you can rent and the types of trips you can take. If you want to expand your options, I would recommend looking into boat trip options from Benalmadena Marina, which is much bigger and has more options to choose from.
Fuengirola Boat Trips from Fuengirola Marina
Most of the boat rental companies and those offering dedicated trips to the sea have their offices in Fuengirola Marina.
In the list below, you will find all the available ones, in no order of priority or quality. I do not have any personal experience with any of these.
1. FUENGIROLA NAUTIC
Fuengirola Nautic offers a nice selection of boats, ranging from 5 person boats to yachts with a capacity of 12 people.
The smallest boat you can rent without a license, with a capacity of 5 people, costs 70 euros per hour, with the most expensive option being the yacht at 230 euros per hour.
In addition to boat rental, you can also book a dolphin-watching tour, I liked the details below.
2. FUENGIROLA SEA TRIPS
Fuengirola Sea Trips offer a number of different services, the most popular ones being the traditional dolphin-watching cruise, rentals of boats without a license and a cruise on a luxury private boat with skipper.
I have linked all options below – check the link for available dates and prices.
3. SPLASH WATERSPORTS FUENGIROLA
Splash offers a range of services, from water sports equipment, and boat charters to dolphin watching tours. Their boat selection is not extensive, online they only showcase their luxury charter – a Portofino Yacht with prices starting from 500 euros. They also offer dolphin watching cruises.
4. BOMBAY SAPHIRE SAILING TRIPS
Bombay Saphire Sailing Trips and Charter offers a range of different trips and services, including yacht charters, sunset cruises and dolphin trips:
- sunset cruise – unlimited drinks and snacks, 35 euros per person
- dolphin trips – 2 hour trip with unlimited drinks and snacks, 35 euros per person
- private party charters – starting from 190 euros per hour
5. FERRY FUENGIROLA TO BENALMADENA
Ferry from Benalmadena to Fuengirola and back is a popular option for commuting between the two cities and seeing a bit of the coastline.
It is available from March to November, and you can get the tickets via the link below.
6. NATHAN’S CHARTER FISHING TRIPS
Nathan’s Charter Fishing Trips focus on fishing and water sports services and activities. They have also private charters available but no information online about prices and terms. Also dolphin watching option, again with no details about trip duration or prices.
Water Sports & Activities
Fuengirola: Recommended Day Trips & Experiences
- Caminito del Rey Day Trip with Guide – explore the world-famous pathway of the king, and admire the stunning views from the gorge El Chorro. Includes pick up in Fuengirola, entrance to Caminito del Rey and helmets.
- Day Trip to Gibraltar – with pick up from Fuengirola with a minibus, with free time in Gibraltar for shopping and an optional tour of the nature reserve.
- Gibraltar Sightseeing Day Tour – a more structured day trip with a full tour of the nature reserve, showing you all the highlights, with free time for shopping. Pick up from Fuengirola.
- Ronda and Setenil de las Bodegas Day Trip – see the famous Puente Nuevo bridge in Ronda, with one of the oldest bullrings in the country, and admire the homes and restaurants built into caves in Setenil. Pick-up in Fuengirola – includes a walking tour of Ronda and a complimentary glass of wine in Ronda.
- Day Trip to Granada with Alhambra Tour – see one of the architectural wonders of Spain, the Moorish Palace complex of Alhambra, with free time to explore Granada. Includes pick-up from Fuengirola, tickets to Alhambra and a guide.
Explore More in Fuengirola
Southern Spain Travel Tips
BEST CAR RENTAL
To rent a car, I highly recommend Discover Cars, an award winning price comparison site for car rentals.
BUS & TRAIN TICKETS
To get the cheapest bus or train tickets, take a look at Omio to find the timetables and prices.
Local travel companies offer many day trip options from almost all the destinations in Southern Spain. You can check them out here.
I have been using booking.com for all my trips in Spain and abroad, and it’s the best place to book your hotel.
If you would like to leave your luggage behind to explore the city on your last day, you can use Radical Storage service, which lets you book luggage storage in all the destinations in Spain.
LOCAL SIM CARD
If you want to avoid surprising extra charges from your operator, you can use a service like Airalo, where you can buy digital packs for e-sim cards.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links – if you decide to book using one of the links, I will earn a small commission that helps me run this site. This is at no extra cost to you.