As I live in Fuengirola and visit the shopping mall frequently, I have compiled this short guide to give you an overview of what you can expect, but also what can you discover around the shopping centre.
If you’re looking for more tips on what to do in Fuengirola, I have included some of my recommended articles at the end of this post.
Let’s dive in!
Location of Miramar: Fuengirola’s Shopping Centre
Miramar (in Spanish ‘Miramar Centro Commercial’) is located at the final exit off the A7 motorway in the direction of Marbella (marked on the google map below). It’s very hard to miss as it’s a huge building located opposite Sohail Castle.
The mall was opened in 2004 and has parking space for 2000 cars.
Getting to Miramar Shopping Centre
There are regular local buses that will take you to the mall, alternatively, you can get a taxi or uber there too. The shopping centre also has a taxi rank on the side of the building, opposite the outdoor parking lot.
If you’re staying in a hotel or apartment in the city, you can easily walk there just following the Paseo Maritimo promenade all the way to Sohail Castle and then along the river from there. To give you an idea, for example, when I walk there from Los Boliches, the walk takes me around 30 minutes.
Shops in Miramar Shopping Centre
The shopping mall has around 140 different stores covering everything from fashion, home decor, gift items, and party essentials, with cafes scattered around them and a big food court at the end.
Some of the most popular ones include:
- Toy Shops
- Pull & Bear
- Jewelry Stores
You can check the availability and locations of the stores on their interactive map here.
Other Facilities in Miramar Shopping Centre
- Large Multiplex Cinema – located on the third floor, this complex has 12 cinemas offering the latest movies, many also in the English language with Spanish subtitles.
- Carrefour Supermarket – there is a huge supermarket on the ground floor which covers everything beyond just the essential food items – things like clothing, electronics, gardening supplies, and pet supplies and they have also a very good selection of bio and vegan products
- Smaller Service Places – these include key cutters, opticians, dry cleaners, internet café and more
- Miramar Children’s Club – free service where kids between ages 4 and 12 can access the play area on the 2nd floor, showing your Miramar app on your phone and registering your child is needed
- Virtual reality games – this cool new space is available on the upper terrace, more info here.
- Go Karting – on the terrace floor with two circuits available
- Food Court – right opposite the cinemas you will find a selection of fast food and normal restaurants
Explore Around Miramar Shopping Center in Fuengirola
If you fancy a bit of exploration or a walk before or after your shopping, there are quite a few nice places next to Fuengirola’s shopping centre.
Overlooking the Fuengirola river and guarding the edge of the town is Sohail Castle, an old Castle built as part of city defence system in AD 956. While much of it is long gone, the core structure with the large courtyard still remains.
There are no museums or information boards, and not much remaining from the original structure of the courtyard. What it does offer are stunning views of the coastline, and a real-life castle playground for kids – it’s perfect for kids to explore, crawl and run around.
Skate Park Fuengirola
Right outside the shopping centre is a big skate park with a small restaurant right next to it, with chairs and tables available by the edge of the skate park, so you can watch your kids while you sip your coffee.
It’s a great place to stop over for a drink, but I would not recommend buying any food from the restaurant. The terrace shaded with trees is really pretty, but it’s right next to the main road so you get a lot of noise from the passing cars.
Mini Golf (Fuengirola Adventure Golf)
This is a really fun place I’ve been to already twice – it’s located close to the mall by the main road (the location on the map below). It’s an 18-hole golf course set among trees, so you get shelter from the sun even in the summer.
The prices are very reasonable, you can get drinks to take with you for the course, and the 18 holes are super fun to play. The course is in really good condition and they also have a small booth where you can buy drinks and some simple food and snacks. Fun day for the whole family!
Fuengirola: Recommended Day Trips & Experiences
- Caminito del Rey Day Trip with Guide – explore the world-famous pathway of the king, and admire the stunning views from the gorge El Chorro. Includes pick up in Fuengirola, entrance to Caminito del Rey and helmets.
- Day Trip to Gibraltar – with pick up from Fuengirola with a minibus, with free time in Gibraltar for shopping and an optional tour of the nature reserve.
- Gibraltar Sightseeing Day Tour – a more structured day trip with a full tour of the nature reserve, showing you all the highlights, with free time for shopping. Pick up from Fuengirola.
- Ronda and Setenil de las Bodegas Day Trip – see the famous Puente Nuevo bridge in Ronda, with one of the oldest bullrings in the country, and admire the homes and restaurants built into caves in Setenil. Pick-up in Fuengirola – includes a walking tour of Ronda and a complimentary glass of wine in Ronda.
- Day Trip to Granada with Alhambra Tour – see one of the architectural wonders of Spain, the Moorish Palace complex of Alhambra, with free time to explore Granada. Includes pick-up from Fuengirola, tickets to Alhambra and a guide.