Is chocolate calling your name? Then you better answer!
Here is a recipe that I found on Flour Arrangements, it is pretty simple but guaranteed you’ll make a little mess.
The results are more than worth it!
Using my brand new bunt form from NordicWare.
When the cake cools off, it doesn’t look very Pinterest and Insta-worthy.
Give it a little TLC and prepare your Chocolate Ganache.
Now that’s better! Starting to look like a masterpiece!
Get your decorations ready.
Flowers were kindly donated by our garden tree (yet to find out what fruits it will bring).
No bees were harmed in the harvesting process.
Start from top and work your way around the cake.
Serve under the blooming tree.
Share & Enjoy!
Kahlua Chocolate Cake Recipe
Ingredients for Cake
- 113 gr unsweetened chocolate (at least 70% cacao content)
- 270 gr all purpose flour
- 30 gr cocoa powder
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 240 ml Kahlua liqueur or other chocolate liqueur
- 240 ml sour cream
- 270 gr brown sugar
- 9 tablespoon butter softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 60 ml boiling water
- 225 gr chocolate chips
Ingredients for Ganache
- 115 gr unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 80 ml heavy cream
- white rum to taste or use same chocolate liqueur
Here is how you make it:
- Preheat your oven to around 180 C. Grease bundt pan with butter and dust with flour. Makes quite a lot of dough, my pan was 1.2 liter.
- Melt your chocolate over boiling water and set aside
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Run the cocoa through a sieve otherwise, you’ll have crumbles. Set aside
- Mix together Kahlua and sour cream using a hand blender, set aside.
- With an electric mixer, mix together butter and sugar, until nice and fluffy. Start adding eggs one at a time. Beat until well blended. Add vanilla and melted chocolate to the mix.
- Start adding the flour mixture and alternate with the Kahlua mixture. Stir and do not use an electric mixer at this point anymore.
- Stir in boiling water until blended. Add chocolate chips.
- Scrape to the prepared bundt pan and bake for 55 – 60 minutes, until it’s firm to touch and an inserted skewer comes out clean
- Cool for 30 minutes before flipping it over
- To make the chocolate ganache mix together the chocolate, cream and white rum or Kahlua over boiling water. The mixture needs to be runny enough so that you can spread it on the cake evenly.
- Decorate according to your wishes! Enjoy
Check other Recipes
Lazy Wife’s Spinach, Feta & Quinoa Quiche
Mulled Wine by Jamie Oliver
Flamed Salmon with Parmesan Orzo and Salad
Summer Watermelon and Gin Cocktail
No Bake Dragon Fruit CheeseCake
Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Limoncello