Are you looking for the best options for Marbella to Ronda day trip? In that case, you’re at the right place!
I have visited Ronda myself, for an extended stay, and as I live on Costa del Sol, I am able to share all the details you need to make this day trip a success!
In this article, you will find all your options for a day trip to Ronda from Marbella, including insider local tips that will save you a lot of time and hassle. If you prefer to book right away, I have included a link to a recommended local travel company offering this day trip below.
Your Options For Marbella to Ronda Day Trip
If you would like to do this day trip, there are four options you can explore, which I outline in detail below.
Option 1: Marbella to Ronda Day Trip with a Local Travel Company
Probably the easiest and often also the most cost-effective option to see Ronda on a day trip from Marbella is to use a local travel company offering this trip.
The one I linked below has a pick-up in central Marbella, tour guide in English, a free cancellation policy up to 24 hours before the trip, and you can reserve your spot now and simply pay later.
Click the link below to see the available dates, prices and pick up locations.
Option 2: Marbella To Ronda Day Trip with Rental Car
If you already have a car that you rented for your stay in Marbella, it makes the most sense to do this trip with your rental car.
From Marbella, it’s fairly easy and fast to reach Ronda, as you just drive North from there.
A bit of a warning though – I have used this route myself, and it’s a road with serpentines (for up to an hour drive) and goes right through the mountains. While the views are pretty, you might struggle with travel sickness, and if you have kids with you it’s pretty much guaranteed you will need travel sickness medicine. It’s not a pleasant drive, but if you go in your own car, you have the option to take it slow and make some stops where possible.
Once you’re in Ronda, you can explore on your own, or alternatively, you can book an independent tour guide for the day in advance online here.
Option 3: Marbella To Ronda Day Trip with Public Transport
There are no trains available in Marbella, so the only option to reach Ronda from there is by bus.
There are a few options for distance buses, but they only stop at Marbella’s main bus station, which is a little off from the central, so you will have to take a taxi there.
There are up to 5 connections per day, going to Ronda, with the earliest bus available leaving just before 10 am – you can check your options by typing in the journey details at Alsa bus company website. The journey takes just over an hour and one way tickets cost around 7 euros per person.
For going back, there are only around 4 connections, but the last one leaves just after 4pm, which leaves you very little time exploring Ronda on a day trip.
While the bus trip option is very affordable, the bus times do not work too well as in the best case scenario leave you just a few hours to explore Ronda. If you want to use this option, I would recommend taking a cheap hotel for the night so you get to experience everything Ronda has to offer.
Option 4: Marbella To Ronda Day Trip by Taxi
For those who prefer a convenient commute and don’t mind the cost, you can also book a taxi or uber to take you from Marbella to Ronda.
One way journey according to online quotes would cost between 50 eur and 100 eur, depending on the number of people travelling, the type of car and the time of your trip.
You can also try services like gettransfer.com, which I have used for longer journeys, as they tend to work out cheaper than a standard taxi. Simply add your trip details and they will display quotes from lots of taxi and transport companies, so you can choose the cheapest or best one.
Book Online: Marbella To Ronda Day Trip
If you’ve decided to book this day trip with a local travel company, below you will find the link to my recommended tour, and some essential info about this trip.
Here are just some of the advantages of using this option:
- FREE Cancellation up to 24 hours before departure for a full refund
- Central pickup location in Marbella
- 2 Departures per week – Tuesdays and Saturdays
- Tickets to the famous Ronda bullring are included in the price
- PAY LATER – reserve your spot now and pay later
- Duration 9 hours which is perfect for a day trip
- English-speaking tour guide
- Travel with an air-conditioned modern bus
- Check reviews for this trip from other travellers before booking
How to Book Your Marbella To Ronda Day Trip Online
- Head over to the day trip info page in the link above, and select your dates from the calendar.
- Add the number of tickets you want for this day trip
- Once you have the date selected, you will be shown a number of options with different departure locations with language options – select Marbella and your preferred language option
- In the selected option you will also see the start time for the trip and also exact pick-up location
- Click book now which will navigate you to a payment page
- Once you complete the transaction, you will get a confirmation email which lists all the details you need to know for your trip
Good To Know Before Booking Your Day Trip
- Comfortable shoes are a must when visiting Ronda
- The road to Ronda may lead through serpentine roads in the mountains, so if you struggle with travel sickness I would recommend taking some travel medicine with you
- Take water with you, especially if you’re travelling in the summer
- Ronda is located 740 meters (2500 feet) above sea level, so it is much cooler than the coast, especially in fall and winter. In the summer, on the other hand, it will be very hot!
- I would not recommend this trip for very young kids, as they might struggle with the bus journey