If you’re dining out in Fuengirola, you might get the impression that it’s all fried fish, burgers and Jamon.
Luckily there are also a few healthy alternatives and one of them happens to be my favourite place – Go Green Cafe. It’s one of those places only locals will tell you about, and one that fills up quite quickly around lunchtime.
I discovered it through a friend more than a year ago and we’ve been going there regularly ever since.
The cafe is almost hidden next to the raised train tracks, right next to the Finnish Ewalds shop (you will see a lot of Finnish expats dining here too).
Go Green is always my number one option for a healthy breakfast or brunch (they’re not open for dinner). Not that there aren’t any naughty treats to choose from, but they focus on offering a well-balanced menu that highlights good quality ingredients, prepared fresh and served beautifully presented.
The menu offers a range of simple dishes like burgers, salads, wraps, sandwiches and a few snacks, all with a healthy twist and delicious to them.
They have a wide selection of freshly made juices and smoothies, breakfast sandwiches (Nordic favourites too), and even scrambled eggs. You can finish all that with homemade cake or waffles.
The brunch deals at Go Green Cafe are a treat for the whole family (photos below) and include refreshing drinks like their ginger shot and freshly made juice.
My go-to is usually the vegetarian burger or the falafel bowl (in a very generous portion – see photos below).
Great value fresh food – can’t go wrong with that!
I hope you pay them a visit and let me know how you liked it!
Go Green Cafe Details
Opening hours: 8.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Saturday, closed on Sundays.
Seating: there is limited seating available outside, and a few seating options available inside. Get there before 1pm or after 3pm, when its usually more quite and you will not have a trouble getting a table.
Fuengirola: Recommended Day Trips & Experiences
- Caminito del Rey Day Trip with Guide – explore the world-famous pathway of the king, and admire the stunning views from the gorge El Chorro. Includes pick up in Fuengirola, entrance to Caminito del Rey and helmets.
- Day Trip to Gibraltar – with pick up from Fuengirola with a minibus, with free time in Gibraltar for shopping and an optional tour of the nature reserve.
- Gibraltar Sightseeing Day Tour – a more structured day trip with a full tour of the nature reserve, showing you all the highlights, with free time for shopping. Pick up from Fuengirola.
- Ronda and Setenil de las Bodegas Day Trip – see the famous Puente Nuevo bridge in Ronda, with one of the oldest bullrings in the country, and admire the homes and restaurants built into caves in Setenil. Pick-up in Fuengirola – includes a walking tour of Ronda and a complimentary glass of wine in Ronda.
- Day Trip to Granada with Alhambra Tour – see one of the architectural wonders of Spain, the Moorish Palace complex of Alhambra, with free time to explore Granada. Includes pick-up from Fuengirola, tickets to Alhambra and a guide.
Other Restaurants in Fuengirola
Foodie’s Heaven: Tapa y Thai Restaurant, Fuengirola
Casa Beirut, Fuengirola: My Review
Spaghetteria Casa Pasta, Fuengirola: My Review
Restaurante Santorini, Fuengirola: My Review
Kazuki Restaurant, Fuengirola: A Review
Cabana Loca, Fuengirola: Restaurant Review
Paseo 100, Fuengirola: Restaurant Review