Are you thinking about visiting Fuengirola in April? If you’re wondering what’s the weather in Fuengirola in April like, what should you pack and if you will get some rain, then you’re in the right place!
This article will answer all the questions you might have about your trip, and as it’s been written by someone who lives in Fuengirola, you’re getting the most accurate and detailed insights that will make your trip more enjoyable.
Let’s dive in!
Is April a Good Month to Visit Fuengirola?
April marks the start of spring, and the weather is starting to get much warmer, so I would say it’s a good pick for your trip.
You will have to keep in mind though that some cloudy and rainy days need to be expected, they are unlikely to last for many days.
Another benefit of visiting in April is the fact that you get a chance to witness Semana Santa, the Easter celebrations which are always done in grand style in Spain. It’s certainly an experience to remember. I have added some details at the bottom of the article.
Weather in Fuengirola in April
Weather in April is a little more stable compared to the previous months, with less rain around. The days are also getting warmer and you can enjoy much more sunshine.
While it’s still fairly cold for most locals, if you’re coming here from anywhere else in Europe, you will think it’s super warm.
Average Temperatures in April
The average temperatures you can expect in April are around 16C (61F). These are daytime temperatures, the mornings and evenings will be much colder.
Overall the maximum high you can expect is 21C (70F), and the maximum low temperature of 11C (52F).
Rainy Days in April
In April, the average forecast would show up to 10 rainy days, but that’s a very rough estimate and it changes every year. Sometimes spring can be very warm with hardly any rain around, and in other years we’ve had more pleasant March and then all the rain arriving in April.
Even with rain in the forecast, it’s usually just a shower that will pass in a few hours and you can enjoy some sunshine for the rest of the day. If there is rain for a couple of days in a row, that’s usually a wet spell with the rain lasting pretty much the whole day.
Sea Temperatures in April
The sea temperature is still pretty low in April, with an average of 17C (62F).
Average Sunshine Hours in April
In April, you can enjoy up to 9 hours of sunshine per day, pretty great!
Things to do in Fuengirola in April
From my experience, I would recommend the following:
- climbing the hill to see the Sohail Castle
- visiting the Bioparc in Fuengirola
- trying out some of the best local restaurants
- taking a day trip out of the town to see the highlights of Malaga
- see the old town of Fuengirola
- do a bit of shopping in the Miramar shopping centre
- play minigolf if you’re visiting with kids (next to Miramar shopping centre)
- take a day trip to Marbella and explore the old town
- spend a day exploring the next door town of Benalmadena
- head up to the hills to explore the pretty village of Mijas Pueblo
- hiking in the hills above Mijas Pueblo if the weather allows it
Fuengirola: Recommended Day Trips & Experiences
- Caminito del Rey Day Trip with Guide – explore the world-famous pathway of the king, and admire the stunning views from the gorge El Chorro. Includes pick up in Fuengirola, entrance to Caminito del Rey and helmets.
- Day Trip to Gibraltar – with pick up from Fuengirola with a minibus, with free time in Gibraltar for shopping and an optional tour of the nature reserve.
- Gibraltar Sightseeing Day Tour – a more structured day trip with a full tour of the nature reserve, showing you all the highlights, with free time for shopping. Pick up from Fuengirola.
- Ronda and Setenil de las Bodegas Day Trip – see the famous Puente Nuevo bridge in Ronda, with one of the oldest bullrings in the country, and admire the homes and restaurants built into caves in Setenil. Pick-up in Fuengirola – includes a walking tour of Ronda and a complimentary glass of wine in Ronda.
- Day Trip to Granada with Alhambra Tour – see one of the architectural wonders of Spain, the Moorish Palace complex of Alhambra, with free time to explore Granada. Includes pick-up from Fuengirola, tickets to Alhambra and a guide.
What to Pack for Your Trip in April
In April you need to prepare for a bit of a mix in terms of weather conditions, so it’s good to still have some warmer clothing with you that you can put on in the evenings, but for the most part, it will be very pleasant and relatively warm during the day.
What is Happening in Fuengirola in April?
There are two big events you need to know about!
The Holy Week in Fuengirola starts already the weekend before Easter, on Friday with a procession from Plaza del Carmen at 8.30pm, you can check the itinerary and the route for the procession and the other scheduled activities here.
On Sunday, there is a procession of Palms and Olive trees starting at 10.30 am from Casa Hermandad in Avd. Jesús Cautivo. Another one is starting at 11.30 am at Pintor Nogales, and finally a procession at 10.30 am with Blessing of Palms and Olive Trees in the Parque de España.
Processions are then planned for each day of the Easter weekend, with a number of options available for each. The schedule of all the processions is available on the link above.
Fuengirola International Fair of Countries
This year, this super popular event held at the Feria grounds starts on 27th April and runs until Monday, 1st of May. You will get a chance to experience the culture and taste local dishes from over 30 countries, represented in various stalls spread out on the grounds of the Feria.
The event starts on Thursday 27th April with the opening of the stalls at 1pm, and the activities finishing officially at 4am.
For more information, check the official website.
Monthly Weather Updates for Fuengirola
Here is a full list of the detailed monthly updates done so far, more to be added!
- January: January in Fuengirola: A Guide by a Local Expat
- February: Fuengirola Weather in February: A Local Update
- March: Weather in Fuengirola in March: Local Update
- May: May in Fuengirola: Local Expat’s Guide
- June: June in Fuengirola: Local Guide
- July: Fuengirola Weather in July: A Local Update
- August: August in Fuengirola: Local Expat’s Guide
- September: Weather in Fuengirola in September: Local Update
- October: Fuengirola in October: A Report from a Local Expat
- November: Fuengirola in November: A Guide by a Local Expat
- December: December in Fuengirola: a Guide by a Local Expat
Explore More Around Fuengirola
How to Spend One Day in Benalmadena
The Most Beautiful Photography Locations in Mijas Pueblo
How to Spend a Day in Marbella: One Day Itinerary
15 Fantastic Things to Do in Benalmadena: Recommended by a Local
Molino de Inca: A Hidden Oasis in Torremolinos
Castillo de Colomares: The Fairy Tale Castle in Benalmadena
10 Things to Do in Mijas Pueblo
Best Restaurants in Marbella: Guide by a Local Foodie
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links – if you decide to book using one of the links, I will earn a small commission that helps me run this site. This is at no extra cost to you.