Malaga is a city in Southern Spain, famous as the birth place of Picasso (and Antonio Banderas!). If you’re wondering about the exact location of Malaga, check this article for further details.
Malaga is located in the south of Spain, in the autonomous region of Andalusia. It is located on Costa del Sol, on the Mediterranean coastline.
Malaga is the capital of the province with the same name, which contains 102 municipalities like Marbella, Estepona, Mijas, Fuengirola, Benalmadena, Antequerra and Ronda.
It shares province borders with the provinces of Cadiz, Seville, Cordoba and Granada.
Malaga Location on the Map
Distance to Other Destinations
- Malaga to Marbella: 60 kilometers (37 miles)
- Malaga to Seville: 214 kilometers (133 miles)
- Malaga to Cordoba: 169 kilometers (105 miles)
- Malaga to Granada: 133 kilometers (83 miles)
- Malaga to Gibraltar: 135 kilometers (83 miles)
- Malaga to Madrid: 538 kilometers (334 miles)
- Malaga to Barcelona: 974 kilometers (605 miles)
- Malaga to Cadiz: 234 kilometers (145 miles)
- Malaga to Valencia: 656 kilometers (408 miles)
Your Questions about Malaga Answered
Are you traveling to Malaga and have a few questions before booking the rest of your trip? Here are some frequent questions about Malaga with my answers.
What Region is Malaga in?
Malaga is located in the region of Andalusia.
What to do in Malaga?
Malaga offers plenty of opportunities to fill your days while on holiday here. Whether you want to spend days on the beach, sampling the local cuisine, or exploring the historic sights, you will find plenty to choose from.
Below is a link to a detailed blog post with the best things to do in Malaga.
What is the Temperature in Malaga?
- How hot is Malaga in January? Between 17C – 8C on average, with some rainy days and more clouds.
- How hot is Malaga in February? Between 18C and 8C on average, also rainy with clouds around.
- How hot is Malaga in March? Usually, temperatures don’t go as low as the previous two months and are in the range of 15C – 19C, with nights being still very cold. Less rain and more sunny days.
- How hot is Malaga in April? April weather is a bit unpredictable and you can have a random cold spells, but temperatures are warmer around the low twenties.
- How hot is Malaga in May? 15C to 25C with lots of sunny days, rain is rarely seen this time of year.
- How hot is Malaga in June? Temperatures hitting 30s for the first time, average between 18C and 28C.
- How hot is Malaga in July? One of the hottest months of the year, temperatures between 20C and 33C.
- How hot is Malaga in August? The hottest month of the year, with temperatures between 25C and 35C.
- How hot is Malaga in September? Cooling off with temperatures between 25C and 30C.
- How hot is Malaga in October? Pleasant temperatures between 20C and 25C.
- How hot is Malaga in November? Still relatively warm with temperatures between 18C and 25C.
- How hot is Malaga in December? Cooling off with temperatures between 15C and 20C