Are you planning your trip to Costa del Sol and wondering where is Torremolinos? This article will introduce you to Torremolinos and everything you need to know about it!
Location of Torremolinos on the Map
The location of Torremolinos is marked on the map below. You can zoom out to get a better idea of the location.
Where is Torremolinos in Spain?
Torremolinos is a Medditerannean resort town in Southern Spain, on Costa del Sol.
Torremolinos is located in the autonomous Spanish community of Andalusia and belongs to the province of Malaga. It is located halfway between Benalmadena and Malaga.
Torremolinos enjoys a location on the western shores of the Bay of Malaga and 13 km (8 miles) from the Sierra de Mijas mountain range. It is well connected to the other destinations on Costa del Sol thanks to the A-7 highway, the C-1 Cercanias suburban line running between Fuengirola and Malaga Centro and Avanza bus connections.
The city is divided into two sections – the older part of town built up in the hills, and the coastal areas which mostly consist of hotels, restaurants and small shops.
Just like the other cities on the coast, Torremolinos is a long 8 kilometres (5.0 miles) stretch of sandy beaches which is lined by a coastal promenade with cycle and skating lanes alongside it.
Torremolinos: Basic City Information
- City Mayor: Margarita Del Cid
- City Size: 20 km2 (8 sq mi)
- Population: 68,262
- Density: 3,400/km2
- Postcode: 29620
- Timezone: UTC+1 (summer time UTC+2)
- Official city website
See Also: Most Popular Activities in Torremolinos
- Crocodile Park in Torremolinos: Entrance Tickets – live on the wild side and visit this popular animal attraction in the heart of Torremolinos
- Full-Day Tour of Seville from Torremolinos – visit the capital of Andalusia on a day trip from Torremolinos, with a guide in English and free time to explore the city on your own
- Caminito del Rey Guided Tour from Torremolinos – enjoy a relaxing hike in one of the most spectacular nature spots in Southern Spain, the famous ‘path of the King’ and admire stunning views of the gorges from a high vantage point! Certainly, a trip to remember!
- Gibraltar Sightseeing Day Tour from Torremolinos – day trip visit to The Rock, with free time for duty-free shopping, exploring Gibraltar or venturing out to the nature reserve with the monkeys.
- From Torremolinos: Granada and Alhambra Tour – marvel at the beauty of the ancient Alhambra palace on this day trip from Torremolinos, with Alhambra skip-the-line tickets and a tour guide included.
Where is the Train Station in Torremolinos?
The train station of Torremolinos is located in the centre of the old town. It has recently been renovated (2022/2023) and provides good connections to Fuengirola destinations and also a short ride to Malaga airport and Malaga city.
If you’re planning to do some trips by train, here are some transport guides you might find useful:
Explore Around Torremolinos
Southern Spain Travel Tips
BEST CAR RENTAL
To rent a car, I highly recommend Discover Cars, an award winning price comparison site for car rentals.
BUS & TRAIN TICKETS
To get the cheapest bus or train tickets, take a look at Omio to find the timetables and prices.
Local travel companies offer many day trip options from almost all the destinations in Southern Spain. You can check them out here.
I have been using booking.com for all my trips in Spain and abroad, and it’s the best place to book your hotel.
If you would like to leave your luggage behind to explore the city on your last day, you can use Radical Storage service, which lets you book luggage storage in all the destinations in Spain.
LOCAL SIM CARD
If you want to avoid surprising extra charges from your operator, you can use a service like Airalo, where you can buy digital packs for e-sim cards.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links – if you decide to book using one of the links, I will earn a small commission that helps me run this site. This is at no extra cost to you.