Yucas combines three different concepts in one place – a more luxurious Yucas Mare Restaurant on ground floor, Yucas Cafe & Bar on the first floor and the newly reopened beach bar called Mar de Copas (Sea of Cups). Each of these has its own menu, but they all share one thing in common – gorgeous sea views all around.
It tends to get very busy at weekends, so we avoided the crowds by booking a table for very early lunch start of the week, giving us the option to choose the best seats in the house.
The terrace offers a variety of seating options – there are indoor and outdoor tables for smaller or big groups, and then the glass cupolas which hold up to 3 tables each (seating 2 persons each).
The restaurant menu is a bit on the expensive side, but both the cafe and the beach bar have less fancy and more affordable dining options. It offers a very wide variety of fish dishes, with a good selection of meat dishes and also a few vegetarian options.
I took a bit of a gamble and ordered a Salmon Curry, something I would normally only order in an Indian restaurant. I have to say, it was better than any other curry I had – well balanced, with mix of textures, perfectly cooked salmon and the most delicious sauce. Unlike a traditional curry, it wasnt drowning in the sauce and didn’t feel heavy at all. Perfection.
My husband got a Caesar salad which he described as probably the best he had. The wine was also superb and the service was really attentive and professional.
If you’re staying for a holiday somewhere near Benalmadena or even Malaga, it’s well worth the drive to try this place out.
I can’t wait to return and try the menu in the cafe and the beach bar!
Book a table: directly through their website or call +34 690 84 14 00
Opening times: open every day, 9am to 6pm (current restaurant restrictions only allow opening till 6pm, likely to be extended back to normal hours in summer)
Location: along the main coastal road N-340, just after roundabout towards Golf course, outside of Benalmadena costa.
Most Popular Activities & Day Trips in Benalmadena
Here is a selection of some fun activities and day trips from Benalmadena – these are independently organized tours with pick-up from the town. To see available dates and check the prices please click on the link for each activity.
- Caminito Del Rey Guided Tour – with pick up from Benalmadena, a guided tour of the famous walkway along the El Chorro Gorge, with transportation, entrance fees and tour guide included.
- Dolphin Watching Boat Trip in Benalmadena – explore the coast of Benalmadena from a boat, enjoy a trip that includes spotting dolphins in their natural habitat, swimming and sunbathing on the boat.
- Day Trip to Ronda and Setenil de las Bodegas – see one of the wonders of Andalusia, the Puente Nuevo in Ronda with one of the oldest bullrings in Spain, and admire the houses built into massive rock formations in Setenil. Includes pick up from Benalmadena, a tour guide, a glass of Ronda wine, and entry to Palacio Mondragon.
- Day Trip to Granada with Tour of Alhambra – see one of the most famous monuments in Andalusia, the palace complex of Alhambra with a tour guide with a pick up from Benalmadena.
- Day Trip to Gibraltar – enjoy a trip to the UK territory with free time for shopping and an optional visit to the Nature Reserve with a guide.
Southern Spain Travel Tips
BEST CAR RENTAL
To rent a car, I highly recommend Discover Cars, an award winning price comparison site for car rentals.
BUS & TRAIN TICKETS
To get the cheapest bus or train tickets, take a look at Omio to find the timetables and prices.
Local travel companies offer many day trip options from almost all the destinations in Southern Spain. You can check them out here.
I have been using booking.com for all my trips in Spain and abroad, and it’s the best place to book your hotel.
If you would like to leave your luggage behind to explore the city on your last day, you can use Radical Storage service, which lets you book luggage storage in all the destinations in Spain.
LOCAL SIM CARD
If you want to avoid surprising extra charges from your operator, you can use a service like Airalo, where you can buy digital packs for e-sim cards.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links – if you decide to book using one of the links, I will earn a small commission that helps me run this site. This is at no extra cost to you.