If you’re visiting Cordoba in Andalusia, getting tickets to the Cordoba Mosque is essential!
This stunning monument dating back to 8th century is the most popular historic landmark in the city, and tickets tend to sell out really fast, especially in the summer.
If you want to avoid long wait times, and get a guarantee that you can get inside on your desired day, I highly recommend booking the tickets online. I have added the link below.
In this article, you will find detailed information not just about Cordoba Mosque tickets, but also important practical tips you need to know before buying your tickets, and tips for entering the Mosque.
Cordoba Mosque Tickets: What You Need to Know
Here are some basic facts that will help you to plan your visit.
The Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba is open during the following times:
1 March to 31 October (Summer Schedule) – Monday to Saturday from 10 AM to 7 PM.
Sunday & Holidays: 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM and 3 PM to 7 PM.
1 November – 28 February (Winter Schedule) – Monday to Saturday from 8:30 AM to 6 PM.
Sunday & Holidays: 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM and 3 PM to 6 PM
BEST TIME TO VISIT
I always recommend visiting these popular monuments early in the morning, as they are more peaceful. Especially a religious place like this one, you want to enjoy it when it’s not busy and relatively peaceful.
If you can, get the first tickets available for the day and be the first one by the entrance. That way, you can have the whole monument to yourself and take lots of photos without other visitors being captured in them.
LOCATION OF CORDOBA MOSQUE
The mosque is located in the old town of Cordoba, at C. Cardenal Herrero, 1. You can also reach it with local buses or with a short taxi drive from anywhere in the city.
Buy Cordoba Mosque Tickets Online
There are a lot of guides that will advise you that it’s not necessary to buy tickets online and you’re fine to get them on the day from the ticket office.
While that’s certainly an option, if you want to avoid wasting time in a long queue in the summer heat, I think it makes more sense to get them in advance. The mosque has a limited capacity and if you arrive in the busy season, there might not be any tickets available for the day.
Benefits of booking the tickets online:
- FREE cancellation up to 24 hours for a full refund
- Check other visitor reviews & comments before booking
- Reserve now and pay later
- Live tour guide available in English, French and Spanish
- Guided tour with lots of insights about the monument
- Skip the Line tickets so you avoid a lot of waiting time to get in
- Available to book 7 days a week
- Book online in advance to secure your ideal entrance time
What’s Included in the Ticket?
- Skip the line entrance ticket to the monument
- English speaking guide
Types of Cordoba Mosque Tickets
- Skip the Line Tickets without Guided Tour – if you want to explore the monument on your own, this ticket gives you the flexibility to do that while saving you time waiting in the ticket office.
- Skip the Line Tickets WITH Guided Tour – the most popular option for visiting the Mosque is this ticket with a tour guide in English.
- Combined Tour of Cordoba Mosque, Synagogue & Jewish Quarter – get more for your money by getting this combined tour which also includes tickets to the Mosque.
Insider Tips for Visiting the Cordoba Mosque
- The entrance to the Mosque is from Puerta de Deanes.
- The Mosque is a religious place, so silence should be maintained during your visit.
- If you’re travelling with kids, keep a close eye on them as it’s a really big place and tends to get busy, and they can get lost easily.
- Using a tripod for photography or video is prohibited, as well as flash photography.
- Large bags and backpacks are not allowed inside.
- Wear appropriate clothing for a visit – no hats, leggings, flip flops or very short summer dresses.
- No animals are allowed inside, even tiny dogs that fit in a handbag. The only exception is guide dogs.
- Most of the day trips from surrounding cities arrive in Cordoba before lunchtime, so that tends to be the busiest time for the visit.
- The Mosque has almost no signs, so having an English-speaking guide is super beneficial.
- You can spend as much time as you want in the Mosque
- Once you leave, you cannot re-enter
- You can actually visit the Cordoba Mosque for free, if you go there during the mass. The mass schedule is as follows: Monday to Friday: Coro Catedralicio at 9:30 AM and Sunday & Holidays: Altar Mayor- Solemn Mass at 12:00 PM; and 1:30 PM.
Visiting the Cordoba Mosque: Frequent Questions
What is the best time of day to visit Cordoba Mosque?
I always recommend to visit early in the morning when there are not that many people. The monument is the busiest in the summer and early autumn, and very quiet in the winter months.
What do you wear to the Cordoba Mosque?
You need to wear respectful clothing, so no hats, flip flops, very short skirs or dresses or leggings. No bare shoulders or knees.
Do you need to book for the mosque in Cordoba?
It is highly recommended. Even though you can get tickets from the ticket office, those are only available for the day, and may be sold out – especially in the summer.
How long does it take to see the Mezquita in Cordoba?
I would recommend at least two hours to see the whole Mosque.
Is the Mezquita free?
You can visit the Mezquita Catedral de Córdoba for free between 8:30 am and 9:30 am Monday to Saturday, but only as an individual, not as a guided tour trip.
Is it OK to wear jeans to a mosque?
Jeans should be ok to wear inside the mosque, providing they are not the ripped ones.
Can you wear leggings to a mosque?
It is not recommended.
Southern Spain Travel Tips
BEST CAR RENTAL
To rent a car, I highly recommend Discover Cars, an award winning price comparison site for car rentals.
BUS & TRAIN TICKETS
To get the cheapest bus or train tickets, take a look at Omio to find the timetables and prices.
Local travel companies offer many day trip options from almost all the destinations in Southern Spain. You can check them out here.
I have been using booking.com for all my trips in Spain and abroad, and it’s the best place to book your hotel.
If you would like to leave your luggage behind to explore the city on your last day, you can use Radical Storage service, which lets you book luggage storage in all the destinations in Spain.
LOCAL SIM CARD
If you want to avoid surprising extra charges from your operator, you can use a service like Airalo, where you can buy digital packs for e-sim cards.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links – if you decide to book using one of the links, I will earn a small commission that helps me run this site. This is at no extra cost to you.