Welcome to a piece of jungle in the middle of Marbella – Parque de la Alameda.
This gorgeous green space is a short walk away from the coastline and a great place to relax, watch the world go by or hide from the sun in the summer.
Alameda Park is a popular meeting spot for locals and visitors alike and features some beautiful botanical species. On Sundays, you would see families with kids strolling by before they head over for family lunch to the nearby restaurants, locals discussing the latest gossip or excited visitors taking pictures of the lush surroundings.
The park dates back to the 18th century and in its current state, it’s only a fraction of its original size (20.000 square meters). The park’s crowning glory is the large fountain (Fuente Virgen de Rocio) which offers a spectacular light show in the evenings.
The park splits into two large promenades that meet in the middle where you find the fountains, along with lined pathways on each side.
Another gorgeous feature of the park is the stone benches with beautifully decorated tiles (last photo here).
There are no refreshment establishments in the park itself, but at the corner of it you will find La Canasta bakery just behind the bus stop and there are a few restaurants across the street from the park (including my favourite – Casa Blanca Taverna).
Alameda Park is a place where I always stop when I’m visiting Marbella, and if you’re coming for the first time, it’s definitely a must see.
If you want to explore further, you can stroll down to Avenida del Mar promenade which features casually placed (probably priceless) sculptures by Salvador Dali.
For now I will leave you with a virtual tour of the park and at the end of the article you will find more options for exploring more of what Marbella has to offer.
Alameda Park Location
Most Popular Experiences in Marbella
- Gibraltar Day Trip with Pick up from Marbella – see the Gibraltar monkeys in the nature reserve and enjoy free time for duty free shopping!
- Day Trip from Marbella to Morrocco – experience the African continent with an easy and affordable day trip directly from Marbella!
- Marbella: Tour of the Old Town with Tapas & Wine – a treat for all your senses, experience the culinary side of Marbella with a local guide.
- Marbella: Catamaran Tour with Dolphin Watching – see Marbella’s coastline on board of a modern catamaran, and if you’re lucky you will have dolphins for company!
- Day Trip from Marbella to Granada with Tour of Alhambra Palace – marvel at the beauty of ancient Alhambra, and enjoy free time to discover Granada.
- Full Day Trip to Cordoba with Mosque Entrance Tickets – enjoy a trip to the heart of Andalusia and admire one of the most famous churches in Spain, the Mosque Cathedral of Cordoba.
- Day trip from Marbella to Ronda and Setenil de las Bodegas – one of the most beautiful towns of Andalusia is within your reach with this short and affordable day trip from Marbella.