Heading to Marbella this August?
You’re in for a treat! Visiting Marbella, a sunny destination on Spain’s Costa del Sol, means vibrant summer life and gorgeous weather.
To help you pack perfectly, I have prepared this short guide on what you can expect weather-wise and what to wear in Marbella for your trip in August.
I’ve been living next to Marbella since 2020, so I’m very familiar with what summer in Costa del Sol feels like.
In short, the temperatures in August climb way over 30°C, so packing is pretty easy – lots of light clothing for the day and night!
What to Wear in Marbella in August
Weather and Temperatures in Marbella in August
August in Marbella is the epitome of Mediterranean summer and the busiest month of the whole year.
Expect long, sunny days with clear blue skies.
Temperatures typically hover around 28-30°C (82-86°F), but don’t be surprised if they hit the mid-30s (95°F). The sea breeze provides some relief, but it’s still hot!
- Lightweight Clothing: Think breathable fabrics like cotton and linen. Flowy dresses, shorts, and t-shirts are perfect.
- Swimwear: A no-brainer! Beaches are a big part of Marbella’s charm.
- Sun Protection: Sunglasses, a wide-brimmed hat, and high SPF sunscreen are crucial.
- Comfortable Footwear: Sandals or flip-flops for the beach and comfortable walking shoes for exploring the town.
- Water Bottle: Stay hydrated in the heat.
- Elegant Attire: Marbella’s nightlife is lively and somewhat glamorous. Pack a couple of chic dresses or smart casual wear for evenings out.
- Light Jacket or Shawl: It can get a bit cooler in the evenings.
- Comfortable yet Stylish Footwear: For those nights out dancing or strolling along the promenade.
Shopping in Marbella
Here are a few places to pick up any missing wardrobe pieces:
- La Cañada Shopping Centre: This is your go-to for a wide range of brands and styles, from high street to designer.
- Marbella Old Town: Wander through charming streets and find unique boutiques offering everything from beachwear to bespoke evening outfits.
- Puerto Banús: If you’re looking for luxury shopping, this is the place. Designer boutiques line the marina, offering high-end fashion.
In summary, when packing for Marbella in August, prioritize comfort, style, and sun protection.
With the right attire, you’re all set to enjoy the sunny days and lively nights in one of Spain’s most beautiful coastal towns.
And remember, if you miss out on anything, Marbella’s shopping scene has got you covered!