If you’re visiting Seville, getting tickets for your visit to Royal Alcazar is absolutely essential.
I have been to the Alcazar of Seville twice now, and prepared this handy guide that will save you lots of time and frustration, and help you avoid a lot of the common mistakes people make when visiting this famous landmark of the Andalusian capital city.
If you prefer to skip the tips and advice, you can click the link below to get your tickets for Seville Alcazar online.
BUY ONLINE: Skip The Line Entrance Tickets to Royal Alcazar in Seville
Seville Alcazar Tickets: What You Need to Know
- Nearly 2 million people visit the Royal Alcazar each year
- For conservation reasons, only a limited number of visitors are allowed in the palace per hour, currently, the maximum admittance for the chosen time slot is 250.
- There are two ways you can get access to Seville Alcazar – by buying tickets online, or by buying them from the ticket office at the palace.
- It’s nearly impossible to get tickets for the day from the ticket office (Patio de Banderas), even if you travel off-season. If you’re staying in Seville for a longer period like 5 – 10 days, you might be able to secure a ticket for a later day from the ticket office, but I would not recommend taking the risk.
- In the summer, the tickets online can be sold out weeks in advance, so keep that in mind when you’re planning your trip.
- You cannot buy tickets just to see the gardens or Royal apartments, a general admission ticket is needed to see both, extra tickets need to be purchased for the visit to the Royal Apartments and these can be viewed only till 1.30pm
- You can visit the Alcazar on your own or with a guided tour – there are guided tours you can book online and meet the guide at the entrance, or you can join one of the guides that are available at the entrance gates, which cost 10 euros per person (depending on the guide).
- There are security scans before the entrance, do not bring any sharp objects, hazardous items or food inside. No large luggage allowed, not pets (even if your dog fits in a bag, it’s still considered a pet).
- There is a free entrance to the palace available each Monday from October to December from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM, but an online ticket is required and as you can imagine they are quite popular
- Photo ID is required for those who purchased discounted student or pensioner tickets (only available to EU residents).
Why Buy Seville Alcazar Tickets Online
There are a number of very obvious reasons you should always buy your Alcazar tickets online, these include:
- Saving time on the location and heading straight to the entrance gate
- Being able to get inside on your dedicated time slot
- Guarantee that you will be able to access Alcazar on your chosen day
- Less time waiting as there are only a number of people allowed for each time slot
Where to Buy Seville Alcazar Tickets
The best place to buy the tickets is online.
- Click the link above and scroll down to the calendar
- From the calendar choose your date and from the date, dropdown select your preferred time slot – please note this cannot be changed later
- The ticket does not include a guided tour, only entry to the Alcazar
- The ticket is provided as a digital ticket with a QR code you will need to scan at the entry
Types of Seville Alcazar Tickets
Here are a few popular ticket options and tour combinations you can explore:
- Single Skip the Line Tickets to the Royal Alcazar
- Seville Alcazar, Cathedral and Giralda Tower with Guided Tour
- Royal Alcazar ticket with Audio Guide
Entry To Seville Alcazar With Your Online Tickets
- Once you get your online ticket confirmation, double-check the date and time of your entry
- Save your ticket on your phone, no need to print it out
- They normally allow entry about 15 minutes before your dedicated time slot
- IMPORTANT – the entrance to the Alcazar is from Puerte de Leones, the pink gate. From there you might see a long line of people waiting to get in, sometimes there might be two queues at the same time.
- It’s IMPORTANT that you ask the person in front which time slot they’re letting in, as you might end up lining up in the wrong queue and will have to go all the way to the back of the other line if it wasn’t your time slot yet.
- Before the gate, they will check you have the correct time slot and ask for your ID if you have a student or pensioner ticket. From there you proceed to the gate to scan your luggage.
- Right after the gate, there is a place to get audio guides and a map of the palace complex.
- Toilets are available on the left side as you enter the main courtyard of the palace
Insider Tips for Visiting Royal Alcazar in Seville
- If you want to avoid crowds, its best to try to get the first tickets available on the day and be among the first ones to get in at Puerta de Leon
- If you’re visiting off-season, April to May is a nice time to see the gardens in full bloom. In the summer months, it’s not very pleasant to spend too much time in the gardens as it’s super hot!
- Comfortable shoes are a must when strolling through the Alcazar
- I haven’t been able to get the tickets to the Royal apartments before, but I’ve heard they are well worth the effort – you just need to secure the tickets well in advance.
- If you want to explore the Alcazar at a leisurely pace, I would say you need at least 2 hours for the visit
- There is a decent size cafe near the gardens where you can get sandwiches, pastries, coffee and drinks to take a break from your visit
- Once you leave the palace, you cannot re-enter with your ticket
- Toilets are right next to the main square before you enter the palace, in the corridor heading towards the exit, they are clearly marked
Seville Alcazar Tickets: Frequent Questions
Can you buy your ticket the day before Alcazar Seville?
You can try but it’s usually pretty impossible. In the winter season, you might be lucky to secure tickets a day before if there are no many bookings online for the specific day.
Do I need a ticket for Seville cathedral or alcazar?
Yes, the entrance to Seville cathedral and Alcazar is not free and you have to buy tickets, ideally in advance online.
Do I need to purchase Alcazar Seville tickets in advance?
Yes, it is highly recommended. There is a ticket office near the entrance, but it’s near impossible to get tickets for the day as they have allocated time slots and also a maximum number of people allowed for each time slot.
Do you need tickets for the alcazar seville
Yes, you do. It’s best to buy them online in advance to guarantee that you can get in on the day and hour you would like to. In the summer the tickets tend to sell out weeks in advance.
How to buy Alcazar Seville tickets?
It is recommended to buy the tickets online.
Explore More in Seville
Your Detailed Guide to Visiting the Royal Alcazar of Seville
Seville Cathedral Tickets: Top Tips To Save Money & Time
Universal People Bar: Best Tapas and Atmosphere in Seville
10 Gorgeous Photography Locations in Seville, Spain
20 Best Day Trips from Seville: Complete Guide by a Local
How to See Seville in One Day: The Perfect Itinerary for All Highlights
The Foodie’s Guide: Best Restaurants in Seville
Seville Cathedral & Giralda Tower
The Monument of Controversy: Las Setas de Sevilla
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links – if you decide to make a purchase through them, I will earn a small commission that helps me run this site. That’s at no extra cost to you.