Do you want to book a day trip from Fuengirola to Córdoba?
In that case, you’re at the right place!
As I live in Fuengirola and have done this day trip to Córdoba myself, I can recommend the best company to do a guided day trip from Fuengirola.
If you don’t have time to read the whole article with details, don’t worry: below is the private tour I recommend you book for this amazing trip!
Otherwise, read on to explore all options for this day trip!
The Allure of Córdoba
Córdoba was an important Roman city and center of Islamic culture in the Middle Ages, famous for its La Mezquita Cathedral, an immense mosque dating from 784 A.D. The mosque is currently a roman catholic cathedral and offers a unique chance to explore a blend of two religions in one historic location, declared a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Day Trip from Fuengirola to Córdoba: Your Best Option
Your best and easiest option for this day trip is to book a tour with a local travel company. This option has many advantages, including:
- FREE cancellation up to 24 hours before the trip
- glowing customer reviews (4.8 out of 5 stars)
- very affordable trip compared to renting a car
- book now and pay later option
- the expertise of a local guide
- English speaking guide
- 5 hours free time in Córdoba
- visit the city of Lucena on the same trip
- pick up and drop off in central Fuengirola
- runs several times per week
- available even in the winter season, not just in the summer
How to Book Your Tour of Córdoba from Fuengirola
How to book your tour?
Click the button below and follow the instructions:
- select your date and number of people
- from the list, choose the one that says pick up in Fuengirola
- the small box will show you the starting time and also the final price
- click add to cart and proceed to payment – you can choose to pay in advance or later
- once you paid for your tour and added your details, you will receive an email with your tour details and further instructions
- the email also has contact details for the tour company, should you have any questions about this trip
Itinerary for Your Tour of Córdoba from Fuengirola
Your day trip starts in central Fuengirola, where you will be picked up in an airconditioned bus and head towards the beautiful town of Lucena.
In Lucena, you will have a 30-minute break to either explore or have breakfast on the main square, admiring the beautiful views around.
From Lucena, you will head straight to Córdoba, while learning everything you need to know about this UNESCO world heritage location from your expert guide. In Córdoba, you will have five hours to explore on your own.
You can also follow my one day itinerary for Cordoba here.
Reviews of the Day Tour from Fuengirola to Córdoba
Here are some of the recent reviews for this tour, you can read more here.
‘I like the dual language announcements and info on the coach. The guide was knowledgeable and happy to answer questions but we were unaware of certain sightseeing opening and closing times – we would have chosen our free time route around Córdoba with these in mind. The coach was very comfortable with air-conditioning.’ (Louise, UK)
‘Carlos in bus was perfect. The bus is very comfortable. Afterwards I took some free time to explore as I pleased. Great activity. THANKS’
Other Day Trip Options from Fuengirola to Córdoba
While booking a tour with a local travel company is certainly convenient and affordable, it is not the only option to do this day trip.
Below you will find detailed instructions for all other options you can explore.
Day Trip from Fuengirola to Córdoba by Car
Córdoba can be easily reached by car from Fuengirola. The distance is not that big, so Córdoba makes an easy day trip option.
One thing you should consider is the travel time, which is nearly two hours. I would suggest leaving early in the morning from Fuengirola, to avoid the rush hour traffic, so you can arrive in Córdoba well before noon and have enough time to explore.
The route I suggested also passes the pretty town of Lucena, which might be worth a short stop for a late breakfast.
- Distance between Córdoba and Fuengirola: 186 km
- Travel time: 2 hours depending on traffic
- Tolls to pay: none
Suggested Route from Fuengirola to Córdoba
Parking Options in Córdoba
The map below highlights parking options available in Córdoba.
Renting a Car in Fuengirola
If you’re planning to rent a car for this trip, the best place to do this is Discover Cars. They are a price comparison platform that will source you the best prices from local car rental companies.
If you try local places in Fuengirola, many of them won’t rent a car for less than a week, and have large deposits to pay. Discover Cars will show you all the options available and allow you to filter out the type of car you want very quickly.
Day Trip from Fuengirola to Córdoba by Bus or Train
Using public transport for this trip is very affordable if you book your tickets online, but you will need to prepare to spend more of your time traveling, rather than exploring.
Bus from Fuengirola to Córdoba
As far as I know, there are no direct bus connections between Fuengirola and Cordoba. Your best option is to take the train or bus to Malaga, and take the train connection from there.
Train from Fuengirola to Córdoba
While you can’t get to Córdoba directly from Fuengirola, you can take the fast local train connection (C-1 Cercanias to Malaga Centro) and then a fast train from Malaga.
The journey to Malaga Maria Zambrano takes approximately 40 minutes and from Malaga, you can catch a fast 1 hour train directly to Córdoba.
The trains all leave Malaga Maria Zambrano station. Here are the details for the journey:
- The train journey takes about 1 hour, so it’s much faster than driving by car
- There are just a few stops on the way, and no changes needed
- Tickets start as low as 23 euros one way, but can go up to 44 euros one way, depending on which train you select
- There are up to 15 connections per day, so very convenient for a day trip
- The earliest train from Malaga leaves around 8am, and your last train from Córdoba back to Malaga would be around 10pm
- Get your tickets in advance at the Renfe website, where you will also see the different departure options and prices
Day Trip from Fuengirola to Córdoba by Taxi
The last option, which is the most expensive one, is using a taxi for this trip.
According to estimates online, this trip would cost you between 220 and 250 euros one way for a standard car with up to 4 people sharing.
I hope you found everything you need to know to plan the perfect day trip from Fuengirola to Córdoba. Don’t forget to check the frequent questions below and browse the section below to see other exciting day trip options from Fuengirola.
Other Day Trips from Fuengirola
- Day Trip from Fuengirola to Frigiliana
- Day Trip from Fuengirola to Nerja
- Day Trip from Fuengirola to Marbella
- Day Trip from Fuengirola to Puerto Banus
- Day Trip from Fuengirola to Mijas
- Fuengirola to Seville Day Trip
- Day Trips From Fuengirola to Granada
- Caminito Del Rey Day Trip From Fuengirola
- Day Trip To Ronda From Fuengirola
- Fuengirola Gibraltar Day Trips
- 7+ Exciting Day Trips from Fuengirola, Spain
Questions About Day Trip from Fuengirola to Córdoba
Here are some of the most common questions about this day trip. If you have any additional ones, just leave a comment under this article.
Can you do a day trip to Córdoba?
Yes, you can do a day trip to Córdoba to see the main attractions it has to offer. If you only have one day to spare, make sure you arrive in the city early in the morning to leave yourself enough time to explore the main sights.
How much time do I need in Córdoba?
You will need at least one full day in Córdoba, if you would like to see the main attractions this UNESCO World Heritage site has to offer.
Why is Córdoba so special?
Córdoba is one of the oldest cities of Spain, founded in 152 BC by the Roman Praetor “Claudius Marcelus”. It is home to the world famous Mosque Cathedral of Córdoba, the old Jewish Quarter and the Alcazar of Cordoba.
Explore More in Córdoba
Save For Later
Southern Spain Travel Tips
BEST CAR RENTAL
To rent a car, I highly recommend Discover Cars, an award winning price comparison site for car rentals.
BUS & TRAIN TICKETS
To get the cheapest bus or train tickets, take a look at Omio to find the timetables and prices.
Local travel companies offer many day trip options from almost all the destinations in Southern Spain. You can check them out here.
I have been using booking.com for all my trips in Spain and abroad, and it’s the best place to book your hotel.
If you would like to leave your luggage behind to explore the city on your last day, you can use Radical Storage service, which lets you book luggage storage in all the destinations in Spain.
LOCAL SIM CARD
If you want to avoid surprising extra charges from your operator, you can use a service like Airalo, where you can buy digital packs for e-sim cards.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links – if you decide to book using one of the links, I will earn a small commission that helps me run this site. This is at no extra cost to you.